I welcome you to the Digital Library of the Federal Polytechnic Ado-Ekiti. The Library was established simultaneously with all the other academic departments at Akure in January 1978. It moved from Akure with all other departments to the present Polytechnic permanent site at Ado‑Ekiti in 1983. The Library finally moved from its old temporary building near Abuja male hostel to its new permanent building on 1st April, 2010. The building is located opposite Conference Centre of the Polytechnic, along the School of Engineering road. This new library is very spacious, well ventilated and it can accommodate over one thousand users at a time.
Mr. Emmanuel Olu Ayeni DLS; BLS; MLS; MBA; CLN - The Polytechnic Librarian
Vision and Mission
The vision of the Polytechnic Digital library is to be one of the best ICT compliant libraries in Nigeria. The mission therefore is to provide the latest state of the art ICT resources and Services for the advancement of intellectual capability of staff and students in supporting Learning, teaching and research.
The Library in its quest to carry out its functions effectively has been re-structured and organized into the following departments:
1. The Polytechnic Librarian’s Office
2. Readers Services Department
i. Circulation Unit
ii. Reference & Reserve Book Unit
iii. Information Services Unit
3. Serials Department
i. Indexing and Abstracting Unit
ii. Africana & Nigeriana Unit
iii. Projects/Theses & Past Question paper Unit
4. Technical Services Department
i. Collection Development
ii. Book Finishing Unit
5. ICT/E-Library Department
i. Digitization Unit
ii. Research, Document & TETFund
iii. Surveillance & Server Room
iv. E-Library & ILMS
6. Satellite Library Department
i. School of Business Studies Library
ii. School of Environmental Studies Library
iii. School of Engineering Studies Library
iv. School of Science and Computer Studies Library
The library is opened to all registered readers as indicated below:
1. Monday-Friday ‑ 9.00 am ‑ 8.00 pm
2. Saturdays ‑ 9.00 am ‑ 8.00 pm
3. Sundays - 2.00 pm - 8.00 pm
4. During Holidays ‑ 9.00 am. ‑ 4.00 pm
5. The library closes for all official public holidays.
1. All students admitted into the Polytechnic are eligible to register and use the library.
2. Staff and members of the Polytechnic Community.
3. External users may be allowed to use the library under inter-library cooperation.
1. All students are expected to register in the library at the beginning of every first semester before they can make use of the library facilities. The registration may be done on‑line.
2. Each student must complete and sign the registration form.
3. During library registration, each student must produce evidence of payment of school fees from the Bursary, three passport photographs and a guarantor’s attestation.
4. N.B. The guarantor must be a staff of the Polytechnic.
5. Registration is valid for one academic year only but it may be renewed for another session.